You can really have this chocolate brownies cake ready in less than 40 minutes. I once forgot to bake a cake for my daughter’s school party, and this brownie recipe saved me. Best thing about this chocolate brownie cake is that it can be served warm, so if you are running short on time, this is a must have recipe.
Of course, you can’t frost the cake when it is warm, so you will have to compromise speed for the amazing frosting, but better a delicious cake, then no cake at all, right?
If you plan, and don’t forget to bake a promised cake, then make the frosting. I would start off with making it, that way it has more time to cool off. The end effect is so worth the extra step. It makes a really decadent, delicious, mouthwatering chocolate cake.
For the chocolate cake:
For the chocolate icing:
Prepare the icing first:
1. Boil the cream and butter.
2. Pour it over the chocolate placed in a stainless steel bowl. Mix until all chocolate has melted and cool to room temperature.
Prepare the chocolate cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C)
2. Butter, line, butter again and flour an 8 inch (21cm) cake pan.
3. Melt the chocolate and butter on a steam bath or in a microwave. I set my microwave to 800 watts and melt for 1 minute and then stir to melt the rest using residual heat.
4. In your mixing bowl, mix the sugar with vanilla; add the melted chocolate and eggs, one at a time.
5. Add the dry ingredients and mix until blended.
6. Pour the chocolate batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20 to 25 minutes
7. Let the cake stand for 10 minutes in the pan and then unmold onto a cake rack wrapped in clear foil, or onto a mesh lined splatter screen. Remove the parchment paper and cool off completely.
Ice the chocolate brownie cake:
1. If you like you can cover the sides of your cake plate with aluminum foil to protect it from the icing.
2. Transfer the cake onto your cake plate and spread the icing evenly on top and sides.
3. You can keep this chocolate cake in the fridge. It will be more dense, but still intensely delicious.
Leave a comment or like on Facebook! Small things that are very appreciated.
If you like this cake, maybe you would like these chocolate cakes as well:
Return from Chocolate Brownies Cake to Just Chocolate Cakes homepage
NEW Chocolate Cakes
My All Time Favourite Chocolate Cakes:
Nov 12, 14 06:59 AM
Amazing cassis chocolate cake roll with mouthwatering cassis berry filling and light chocolate icing
Nov 07, 14 03:17 PM
Fast and easy chocolate truffle cake recipe
Oct 16, 14 02:55 PM
This death by chocolate cake is almost a baked mousse, delicious, and makes the most perfect dessert after a good meal. Try it for yourself.