This great chocolate chip pound cake recipe is adapted from the Cake Bible and makes the most delicious pound cake.
I have to admit that I changed it a bit in order to keep the original proportions of flour to eggs to butter which is one to one in a true pound cake. I also added the essential chocolate chips making this a true homemade chocolate cake recipe.
Like always, I will be completely honest. This chocolate chip pound cake is on the heavy side, or at least it feels that way. I could only eat one piece and afterwards I was rather full. On the other hand, it is a great chocolate picnic cake since it doesn’t need any frosting and it keeps very well. You could keep it for 5 days in room temperature and it won’t go bad, but I haven’t tried. Reason being, that despite its heaviness, my family liked it very much and it was gone in 3 days…
I also have to comment the sinking of the chocolate chips. If you want a true pound cake, you will not be able to prevent that. The batter is just simply too tender and they do sink. That is why I suggest sprinkling half of the chips onto the batter when it is already in the form. It might help, but don’t hold me for it.
I really hope that you will enjoy this quick and delicious chocolate chip pound cake recipe and that you will come back and drop me a comment and tell me how it was.
Ingredient for the pound cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F – 175°C
2. Remove 1 tablespoon from the flour and mix it with the chocolate chips to prevent them from sinking completely to the bottom.
3. Combine the dry ingredients except for the chocolate morsels in a mixing bowl and mix on low for one minute.
4. In another bowl combine the eggs, milk, and vanilla.
5. Add the butter to the mixed dry ingredients and half of the egg-milk mixture. Mix for 2 minutes to develop cake structure. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
6. Slowly add the remaining eggs, and beat for a half a minute after each addition. Don’t forget to scrape down the sides.
7. Add half of the chocolate chips and using a spatula mix them in.
8. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan. Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips onto the top of the cake. This will hopefully keep some of the chips from sinking to the bottom
9. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes if you choose a loaf pan and for 35-45 minutes if you opt for a fluted tube pan. I baked mine for 55 minutes. Test in couple of spots for doneness before taking it out.
10. I took the cake out of the pan after 10 minutes and cooled it off completely on a wire rack before transferring it onto a cake plate.
Did you like this chocolate chip cake recipe? Maybe you will like these chocolate cake recipes as well:
Return from Chocolate Chip Pound Cake Recipe to Just Chocolate Cakes homepage
NEW Chocolate Cakes
My All Time Favourite Chocolate Cakes:
Nov 12, 14 06:59 AM
Amazing cassis chocolate cake roll with mouthwatering cassis berry filling and light chocolate icing
Nov 07, 14 03:17 PM
Fast and easy chocolate truffle cake recipe
Oct 16, 14 02:55 PM
This death by chocolate cake is almost a baked mousse, delicious, and makes the most perfect dessert after a good meal. Try it for yourself.