I made this chocolate banana cake for my husband’s tennis tournament. There were a lot of people there and I have received many compliments on this chocolate cake. My husband ate a piece before his match, and with it, he won his single and his double, annihilating his opponent.
This chocolate banana cake recipe is handy to have when you have couple of ripe bananas that nobody wants to eat. They are great in cakes; they add tenderness, natural sweetness, and fiber. The sour cream in the cake adds a nice tang flavor and together with cocoa makes an exquisite cake.
It helps to have a blender or a food processor when making this cake. I used my blender and I must say that this was a very easy and quick chocolate banana cake to make. If you want to make this simple recipe ever easier, just sprinkle the baked cake with powdered sugar and skip the chocolate icing.
I hope that you will like this tender chocolate banana cake and that you will come back for more homemade chocolate cake recipes. You can always leave a comment at the bottom of this page or like me on Facebook.
Ingredient for the chocolate cake:
Ingredients for the
9 inch cake pan or spring pan
Prepare the chocolate cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F – 175°C
2. Grease and line the bottom of your baking pan with parchment paper. Grease again and flour.
3. In a blender or a food processor, mash the bananas with the sour cream until smooth. Add the eggs, cocoa and vanilla and process shortly to blend.
4. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix on low for a minute or two.
5. Add the butter and half of the chocolate banana mixture. Mix on low speed until all dry ingredients are wet, increase the speed to medium and mix for 1.5 minutes. This process strengthens the cake’s structure.
6. Add the remaining chocolate banana mixture and mix on high to incorporate all ingredients. Scrape.
7. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 40-50 minutes. Make sure to check for doneness in couple of spots before taking the cake out of the oven. Cool for 10 minutes and invert onto a cake rack, unmold and cool off completely before icing.
Prepare the chocolate icing and frost the cake:
1. Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a metal bowl.
2. Bring the cream and butter to boil and immediately remove from heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and let it stand for a minute.
3. Using a wire whisk, quickly stir to melt the remaining chocolate.
4. Cool off to room temperature and place in a fridge for 1 hour. Whip the icing and frost the cake.
Tip: Cover your cake plate with strips of parchment paper or aluminum foil to protect it from the icing. I usually just slide 4 - 5 strips under the cake.
If you have enjoyed this chocolate banana cake recipe, then maybe you will like these chocolate cake recipes as well:
Return from Chocolate Banana Cake to Just Chocolate Cakes homepage
NEW Chocolate Cakes
My All Time Favourite Chocolate Cakes:
Nov 12, 14 06:59 AM
Amazing cassis chocolate cake roll with mouthwatering cassis berry filling and light chocolate icing
Nov 07, 14 03:17 PM
Fast and easy chocolate truffle cake recipe
Oct 16, 14 02:55 PM
This death by chocolate cake is almost a baked mousse, delicious, and makes the most perfect dessert after a good meal. Try it for yourself.