A friend of mine made this chocolate sheet cake for her daughter’s birthday party and once Karolina came home she told me all about.
She actually got excited over a chocolate cake. I got this chocolate cake recipe the next day and tried it out immediately.
Karolina was right. It is delicious, light, sweet, and crunchy. You just have to try it. The high content of egg whites makes a crust on the top that combined with the walnuts just makes an excellent chocolate cake.
Best of all, this cake is really fast and easy to make. I had it in the oven in just under 20 minutes. If you are looking for a quick chocolate cake recipe then you have to try this one, you will not be disappointed.
Since I liked this chocolate walnut cake recipe so much, I wanted to share it with you and hopefully you will like it as well. If you do, a “like” on Facebook would be greatly appreciated.
1. Grease and line the pan with baking paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 365°F - 185°C
3. Melt the chocolate with (2/3 cup) 120g sugar, butter and milk in a bowl suspended over simmering water. You can also melt it in the microwave on high for 1 minute, take it out, and stir to melt everything else using the residual heat, like I did here.
4. Add 6 egg yolks and the flour and mix it until combined.
5. Beat the egg whites with the remaining (2/3 cup) 120g sugar until stiff peaks form and add carefully to the cake batter. Mix it in using a spatula.
6. Spread the batter onto your prepared form, sprinkle with the walnuts, and bake for 25 minutes. Test the cake for doneness and cool it off in the pan. Cut to squares and enjoy.
Take a look at these cakes below, maybe you will like them as well.
Return from Chocolate Sheet Cake to Just Chocolate Cakes homepage.
NEW Chocolate Cakes
My All Time Favourite Chocolate Cakes:
Nov 12, 14 06:59 AM
Amazing cassis chocolate cake roll with mouthwatering cassis berry filling and light chocolate icing
Nov 07, 14 03:17 PM
Fast and easy chocolate truffle cake recipe
Oct 16, 14 02:55 PM
This death by chocolate cake is almost a baked mousse, delicious, and makes the most perfect dessert after a good meal. Try it for yourself.