My dear therapist gave me this wonderful chocolate truffle cake recipe. If you need a fast and easy chocolate cake then this simple dessert definitely makes the cut. Try it out, it tastes wonderful and it is really quick to make.
To make this chocolate truffle cake truly fast, you can easily skip the icing. The icing is good, but not really needed. I made it for the picture, but if it were just for us, I would have left it out.
Bake this wonderful fast and easy chocolate cake and come back to comment or “like” on Facebook.
Here is the simple chocolate cake recipe:
For the chocolate cake:
For the chocolate icing:
Prepare the cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C.
2. Butter, line with parchment paper, butter again, and flour your baking pan (8” – 20cm).
3. Melt the chocolate with butter on a water bath or in a microwave. I melt mine on 800W for 2 minutes. Mix and melt the remaining chocolate using the residual heat. Cool to room temperature.
4. Beat the eggs with sugar until tripled in volume.
5. Add the flour and baking powder and mix in on low for 1 minute.
6. Add the chocolate, mix well, don’t forget to scrape as the heavier chocolate tends to settle at the bottom of your mixing bowl.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared form and bake for 30-35 minutes. This cake will be rather creamy inside. It shouldn’t be dry. Let it cool for 10 minutes in the form and then unmold and invert onto a wire rack to completely cool off.
While the cake is baking prepare the chocolate icing:
1. Melt the chocolate in the microwave (2 minutes at 800W - medium) or in a bowl sitting over a pan of simmering water. Let it cool slightly.
2. In your mixing bowl beat the butter until creamy and add the powdered sugar. Make sure to sieve it, otherwise you will have clumps in your icing.
Ice your chocolate cake:
1. Place your chocolate cake onto a cake plate and ice the cake. If you like, you can slide under the cake strips of aluminum foil, that way your cake plate won’t get greasy from the icing.
2. Cut a big piece and just eat it!
See if these cakes might be of interest to you:
Return from Chocolate Truffle Cake to Just Chocolate Cakes homepage.
NEW Chocolate Cakes
My All Time Favourite Chocolate Cakes:
Nov 12, 14 06:59 AM
Amazing cassis chocolate cake roll with mouthwatering cassis berry filling and light chocolate icing
Nov 07, 14 03:17 PM
Fast and easy chocolate truffle cake recipe
Oct 16, 14 02:55 PM
This death by chocolate cake is almost a baked mousse, delicious, and makes the most perfect dessert after a good meal. Try it for yourself.