I made this eggless chocolate cake for my daughter’s school party. They had a music recital and needed homemade cakes, so I used this great chocolate cake recipe and made this cake in around 30 minutes.
This simple chocolate cake is really easy and quick to make. It comes with a great chocolate icing, it is moist, spongy, and surprisingly good. I think the kids enjoyed the cake since all I got back was an empty plate.
If you want to know how to make an eggless chocolate cake, then give this recipe a try and come back for more homemade chocolate cake recipes. A “like” on Facebook or a comment at the bottom of the recipe would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
For the chocolate cake:
Tip: If you don’t have cake flour, use 110g (3.9oz)
of regular flour you have and 15g (0.5oz) of corn starch.
For the chocolate icing:
Tip: It is very
important to have sifted powdered sugar, otherwise, you will end up with lumps
in your icing.
9 inch square pan or 8 inch square pan
Prepare the chocolate cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 175°C -350°F
2. Grease the pan, line with baking paper, grease again and flour.
3. In your mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients, mix on low and add the wet ingredients, one by one. I added the wet ingredients while mixing on medium speed, and then I increased it to high and mixed it for 30 seconds. Don’t forget to scrape the bowl.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Tap the pan on the sides to get rid of any bubbles.
5. Bake for 30 minutes if you choose the 8 inch pan and for 20 minutes if you choose the 9 inch pan. I used the 9 inch pan, and the cake came out not quite 1 inch high (2 cm). Test the cake with a toothpick before taking it out. It should come out clean when the cake is ready.
6. Cool the cake for 10 minutes and then unmold onto a cake rack and cool off completely.
Prepare the chocolate icing and frost the cake
1. Mix the softened butter and cocoa powder. Add the hot water, mix, and add 1 cup (90g) of powdered sugar. Mix well.
2. Add the second cup, mix, and taste the icing to see if you need more sugar.
3. Place the cake on your cake plate and using an icing spatula spread the icing evenly on top of the cake. If you have used a round form, then you can ice the sides as well, if you used a square, like me, just ice the top.
4. Cut the cake into pieces and serve.
Take a look at these exciting chocolate cake recipes!
Return from eggless chocolate cake to Just Chocola Cakes homepage
NEW Chocolate Cakes
My All Time Favourite Chocolate Cakes:
Nov 12, 14 06:59 AM
Amazing cassis chocolate cake roll with mouthwatering cassis berry filling and light chocolate icing
Nov 07, 14 03:17 PM
Fast and easy chocolate truffle cake recipe
Oct 16, 14 02:55 PM
This death by chocolate cake is almost a baked mousse, delicious, and makes the most perfect dessert after a good meal. Try it for yourself.